Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Cole Explains Why He Moved Up His Album Release Date To Match Kanye West's

 Cole Explains Why He Moved Up His Album Release Date To Match Kanye West's

In his latest track "Cole Summer," J. Cole expressed how everybody wasn't always 100% confident in his work. "Wanted to drop the album in the summer/ but the label didn't think they could sell it," he raps.
But the 28-year-old Roc Nation signee is proving that he's bringing his A-game with the release of his upcoming album Born Sinner so much so that he's moved up its release date to that of hip hop heavyweight, Kanye West's "Yeezus."
"It's a definite statement about how I feel about my album, which is confident," Cole said in a recent interview with Billboard.
He went on to admit that he waited until he could confirm Yeezy's album release date before choosing to move his up to the same date.
"Instantly the lightbulb [turned on]... it got real. I made one phone call to somebody that would know, just to make sure first. As soon as I got it confirmed, I was like, 'Yo…' The idea hit me instantly: 'You got to go to that date,'" he said.
The born sinner is ready to battle it out with the artist he calls "the greatest."
"I'm not going to sit [here]...I worked too hard to come a week later after Kanye West drops an amazing album. It'd be like, 'Oh and J.Cole dropped too, a week later.' Nah. I'm going to go see him on that date. He's the greatest. So it's like, I'm a competitor by nature so it was instant, it wasn't even a thought," he continued. "I'm only expecting an incredible album from him. But I know what I have."
Born Sinner hits shelves June 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment